The Agworld App can be used offline, in the field to help you record and keep track of your observations.
You can quickly and easily create and send them directly from the Agworld App. It's a completely paperless solution, and can be done offline. Observations need to be linked to fields in Agworld, so it's important to make sure you've got your maps set up.
Here's how you can create your observations:
- Go to the Maps tab on the Agworld App
- Tap on a field
- Select "Observations" from the right hand menu
- Tap "Create a new observation"
- Fill out all relevant information. We suggest you fill out the following:
- The job's name (e.g. Radish Observations)
- The date
- Any fields included in this observation
- The pests or problems you observed (you can add multiple)
- Additional observations can be added into the free text comments section
- You can also add photo attachments
Once you've filled in all the information you need to record, click "Next"
On the iPad and iPhone you have the ability to review the job before submitting it to sync to the website.
If you'd like to submit the observations and email it straight to your client or a contractor, choose the option "Submit & Send". You can choose contacts in Agworld, or contacts on your iPad. You can select multiple recipients if you'd like to send the observation to multiple people.
If you'd like to create a few observations, or don't want to send it just yet. Select "Submit".
Why use observations?
Observations allow you to record data about your visit to a field, or multiple fields. Growers and agronomists can create observations, so you can have everyone on the same page about the progress of a field and and pests or problems.
You can also convert observations into recommendations, so a grower can send an observation to their advisor who can then convert it into a recommendation to spray a field.
They are also a great solution for graduate agronomists, who may spend a lot of time scouting fields and want to consult a senior advisor before creating a crop protection recommendation for their client.